Sunday, November 21, 2010

For Friday, November 12

In order to better help my student's understand the topics I will be discussing, I will make sure that I am well prepared for whatever topic we will be working on that day.  I will always try to use very precise and mathematically correct language whenever speaking to my class.  Defining words and being consistent is really key to understanding many topics.  Just like when we did the silly drawing exercise in class, I was the second person in my group to come in front of the class, thus, I had to be the person who got all of the information for the first time without a picture.  I took it as my responsibility to help the person explaining to me, to define what they meant when they said it, and then to verify, explain it back in a slightly different way that was possibly more accurate than what was first said.  The language that we use to communicate has to be so carefully predicted and chosen for others to truly comprehend what you are trying to explain to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment